Feb 2, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
A couple of commenters brought up an interesting subject yesterday: Many of the players who have been systematically scrapped off the Nationals' roster in the last year don't even show up on any other club's 40-man roster.
This is something I've thought of before, and in fact researched a bit last season. How many guys who have played for (and subsequently been released/traded/demoted) by the Nats never returned to the majors again?
The list is staggering. By my count, 61 people played their final major-league game with the Nats between 2005-08. Obviously, there could be more off the 2009 roster, but we can't really include them until they have a chance to play again in 2010.
The full list (and you may want to hide the women and children before reading this, cause it ain't pretty) … Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?