Feb 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
Good morning, NatsTown. Hope you managed to survive this latest in a string of snowstorms that has certainly caught me off-guard. This is my 10th winter in the D.C. area, and I can’t remember any others in which it snowed this often. Long-time locals, help me out: When’s the last time we got this much snow in one winter?
And since I’m in a question-asking mood this morning as opposed to a question-answering mood — I am a reporter, after all, it’s my nature to ask questions — I’ve got one for everyone out there. You’ll see I’ve created a poll off in the upper-right corner of this blog, posing the following head-scratcher:
How soon do you think the Nats could realistically be in a pennant race?
Your choices are: 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013-or-later.
I’ll share my opinion on the matter once everyone’s had a chance to vote. Polls are open until 8 a.m. Thursday. Please, no ballot-stuffing. To paraphrase Sam Wyche’s famous rant: “You don’t live in Chicago. You live in Washington, D.C.!”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard
- Phillies willing to trade Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee
- Nats expect McLouth to get significant playing time
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander