Feb 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Good morning, NatsTown. Hope you managed to survive this latest in a string of snowstorms that has certainly caught me off-guard. This is my 10th winter in the D.C. area, and I can’t remember any others in which it snowed this often. Long-time locals, help me out: When’s the last time we got this much snow in one winter?
And since I’m in a question-asking mood this morning as opposed to a question-answering mood — I am a reporter, after all, it’s my nature to ask questions — I’ve got one for everyone out there. You’ll see I’ve created a poll off in the upper-right corner of this blog, posing the following head-scratcher:
How soon do you think the Nats could realistically be in a pennant race?
Your choices are: 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013-or-later.
I’ll share my opinion on the matter once everyone’s had a chance to vote. Polls are open until 8 a.m. Thursday. Please, no ballot-stuffing. To paraphrase Sam Wyche’s famous rant: “You don’t live in Chicago. You live in Washington, D.C.!”
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order