Feb 4, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
A couple of news items to share this morning…
— You probably know already that the Nationals signed former Rangers/Brewers/Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Mench to a minor-league contract. Mench, owner of one of the largest heads in major-league history, spent last season in Japan and will have an outside shot at making the Opening Day roster this spring. Washington also has signed right-hander Nick Maness and third baseman Angel Gonzalez to minor-league contracts in the last week.
— The Brewers have claimed right-hander Marco Estrada off waivers. Estrada, who was designated for assignment by the Nats last week to make room on the roster for free agent reliever Tyler Walker, was effective at Class AAA but in two late-season call-ups to Washington the last two years, he just didn't look like big-league material.
— The Nats just announced that 2010 single-game tickets will go on sale March 2 at 10 a.m., and announced all of this season's promotional giveaways. Here's the full list…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss