Feb 4, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
A couple of news items to share this morning…
– You probably know already that the Nationals signed former Rangers/Brewers/Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Mench to a minor-league contract. Mench, owner of one of the largest heads in major-league history, spent last season in Japan and will have an outside shot at making the Opening Day roster this spring. Washington also has signed right-hander Nick Maness and third baseman Angel Gonzalez to minor-league contracts in the last week.
– The Brewers have claimed right-hander Marco Estrada off waivers. Estrada, who was designated for assignment by the Nats last week to make room on the roster for free agent reliever Tyler Walker, was effective at Class AAA but in two late-season call-ups to Washington the last two years, he just didn't look like big-league material.
– The Nats just announced that 2010 single-game tickets will go on sale March 2 at 10 a.m., and announced all of this season's promotional giveaways. Here's the full list…Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays