Feb 13, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
One week ago, I was fully expecting to spend late February and all of March here in Washington, waiting for the snow to melt and monitoring the events taking place at Nationals camp from 900 miles away.
Now, I'm not only going to Viera for six weeks to chronicle spring training first-hand, but thanks to your incredible generosity I've been given the opportunity to continue covering the Nats beyond that.
I know I've been saying it repeatedly for the last week, but I'm going to continue saying it until my fingers are too sore to type it: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for everything. The overwhelming support I've received — whether financial or moral — will never be forgotten.
I also know many of you have questions. What will I do with the overflow funds? Will I continue covering the team into the regularRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale