Feb 17, 2010, 6:36 PM EDT
I can’t seem to get into the previous post to update it, so I’ve got to create a new one. Appropriate hiccup, because I’ve experienced plenty of them already.
Two accidents, one construction zone and one pothole repair delay later, I’m still a few miles north of Richmond. At this rate, I should get to Viera in time to watch the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Games.
While stuck in the latest jam, I witnessed the guy in front of me rear-end the car in front of him because he was looking down at his BlackBerry and not the road. (Note to self: Don’t check phone while driving.)
Oh, and then upon pulling into a Popeye’s just off I-95, I was informed they were out of tenders and had to settle for nuggets instead. Oh, the humanity.
At least I’m not the only one drawing the short straw today. While driving, I was informed Brian Bruney lost his arbitration case to the Nats. So he’ll only make $1.5 million this year instead of $1.8 million. It’s a cruel world, I know.
OK, back to the road. Here’s hoping the next leg is smoother than the first one.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"