Feb 17, 2010, 6:36 PM EDT
I can’t seem to get into the previous post to update it, so I’ve got to create a new one. Appropriate hiccup, because I’ve experienced plenty of them already.
Two accidents, one construction zone and one pothole repair delay later, I’m still a few miles north of Richmond. At this rate, I should get to Viera in time to watch the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Games.
While stuck in the latest jam, I witnessed the guy in front of me rear-end the car in front of him because he was looking down at his BlackBerry and not the road. (Note to self: Don’t check phone while driving.)
Oh, and then upon pulling into a Popeye’s just off I-95, I was informed they were out of tenders and had to settle for nuggets instead. Oh, the humanity.
At least I’m not the only one drawing the short straw today. While driving, I was informed Brian Bruney lost his arbitration case to the Nats. So he’ll only make $1.5 million this year instead of $1.8 million. It’s a cruel world, I know.
OK, back to the road. Here’s hoping the next leg is smoother than the first one.
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals return home for 4-2 over Mets
- Span leaves Tuesday's game with possible injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff