Feb 18, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
So by the time my stomach was beginning to tell me it was time for dinner, the options were a bit limited. Had to drive another 20 miles or so before reaching the next exit with dining advertised.
So hello from Manning, S.C., where my choices ranged from Subway to Arby’s to two “authentic Mexican restaurants” to the Southern staple known as Shoney’s. Was there any real debate here? Shoney’s it is.
Should be less than two hours from here to Savannah. Stay tuned…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche