Feb 18, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Greetings from the Sunshine State, where the sun is indeed shining. Though I have to say — and I promise this is the one and only time I’ll complain about the weather for the next six weeks — but it’s a bit chilly here just south of Jacksonville. Temperature’s probably in the 50s. I can see you all gritting your teeth in frustration right now.
I thought about stopping over in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach and staking out a primo spot for Tiger Woods’ press conference tomorrow. But then I heard he’s not taking questions and what’s the point of that? Chien-Ming Wang will be far more forthcoming than Tiger, and I don’t think he even speaks much English.
So we’re down to the final leg, about 130 miles from here to Viera. Hopefully you’ll be hearing from me again shortly, with photos to prove I actually made it.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats set franchise record for futility with RISP
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston