Feb 18, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Greetings from the Sunshine State, where the sun is indeed shining. Though I have to say — and I promise this is the one and only time I’ll complain about the weather for the next six weeks — but it’s a bit chilly here just south of Jacksonville. Temperature’s probably in the 50s. I can see you all gritting your teeth in frustration right now.
I thought about stopping over in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach and staking out a primo spot for Tiger Woods’ press conference tomorrow. But then I heard he’s not taking questions and what’s the point of that? Chien-Ming Wang will be far more forthcoming than Tiger, and I don’t think he even speaks much English.
So we’re down to the final leg, about 130 miles from here to Viera. Hopefully you’ll be hearing from me again shortly, with photos to prove I actually made it.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche