Feb 18, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Greetings from the Sunshine State, where the sun is indeed shining. Though I have to say — and I promise this is the one and only time I’ll complain about the weather for the next six weeks — but it’s a bit chilly here just south of Jacksonville. Temperature’s probably in the 50s. I can see you all gritting your teeth in frustration right now.
I thought about stopping over in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach and staking out a primo spot for Tiger Woods’ press conference tomorrow. But then I heard he’s not taking questions and what’s the point of that? Chien-Ming Wang will be far more forthcoming than Tiger, and I don’t think he even speaks much English.
So we’re down to the final leg, about 130 miles from here to Viera. Hopefully you’ll be hearing from me again shortly, with photos to prove I actually made it.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta