Feb 18, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Greetings from the Sunshine State, where the sun is indeed shining. Though I have to say — and I promise this is the one and only time I’ll complain about the weather for the next six weeks — but it’s a bit chilly here just south of Jacksonville. Temperature’s probably in the 50s. I can see you all gritting your teeth in frustration right now.
I thought about stopping over in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach and staking out a primo spot for Tiger Woods’ press conference tomorrow. But then I heard he’s not taking questions and what’s the point of that? Chien-Ming Wang will be far more forthcoming than Tiger, and I don’t think he even speaks much English.
So we’re down to the final leg, about 130 miles from here to Viera. Hopefully you’ll be hearing from me again shortly, with photos to prove I actually made it.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2