Feb 18, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Greetings from the Sunshine State, where the sun is indeed shining. Though I have to say — and I promise this is the one and only time I’ll complain about the weather for the next six weeks — but it’s a bit chilly here just south of Jacksonville. Temperature’s probably in the 50s. I can see you all gritting your teeth in frustration right now.
I thought about stopping over in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach and staking out a primo spot for Tiger Woods’ press conference tomorrow. But then I heard he’s not taking questions and what’s the point of that? Chien-Ming Wang will be far more forthcoming than Tiger, and I don’t think he even speaks much English.
So we’re down to the final leg, about 130 miles from here to Viera. Hopefully you’ll be hearing from me again shortly, with photos to prove I actually made it.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins