Feb 19, 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Good morning from Space Coast Stadium, where it is officially reporting day for pitchers and catchers. This is always a bit of a misnomer, though, because all it means is that all pitchers and catchers must either a) show up at the ballpark or b) call someone with the team to inform that they will be arriving sometime soon. It's really one of the least-formal days of the spring.
Everyone takes physicals tomorrow, then first real workout will take place Sunday morning. That said, plenty of these guys who show up today will take the fields for some informal work, so hopefully we'll get a look at a few of them.
Just finished my first sweep through the clubhouse and was greeted by a handful of guys, including Jesus Flores, Drew Storen, Ron Villone, Ryan Speier, Josh Whitesell, Joel Peralta and probably a couple more that I'm forgetting at the moment.
Spent some time chatting with Flores, who is obviously looking forward to being back on the field and in uniform after missing most of last season with that shoulder injury. At the same time, he knows the worst thing he could right now is rush back too quickly, lest he Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles