Feb 23, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Perhaps one of these days, a 10-minute bullpen session by Stephen Strasburg won't qualify as news in Nats camp. Right now, though, every time the rookie right-hander grabs the ball, people stop what they're doing to watch.
Just as was the case Sunday morning, all eyes were on Strasburg this morning when he threw his second bullpen of the spring. Coaches lined up behind the mounds and watched with great interest. So did several team officials, including Mike Rizzo and Davey Johnson, who watched from a golf cart directly behind the catchers.
You'd think by now, there's little Strasburg could do to impress these hardened baseball men, who have probably witnessed, oh, 384,692 bullpen sessions in their careers. And yet this guy really is different,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes