Feb 24, 2010, 8:01 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals' annual accelerated development camp opened today, with 47 of the organization's top prospects (actually there are a couple of veterans in the group) participating. Basically, this is a chance for some guys to get a jump-start on the rest of the minor leaguers, who don't report until March 5 (pitchers and catchers) or March 9 (position players).
Couple of things that stood out to me: Brad Meyers, the organization's pitcher of the year in 2009, is listed among those players on rehab. I hadn't heard about any injury previously, but I'm looking into it and will report back if I hear anything. Also, Glenn Gibson (the pitcher who was traded to Tampa Bay in 2008 to acquire Elijah Dukes) is apparently back with the Nats' organization, something else I hadn't previously heard.
Here's the complete roster…
RHP Andrew Brown
LHP Mitchell Clegg
RHP Paul Demny
RHP Robinson Fabian
RHP Marcos Frias
LHP Glenn Gibson
LHP Graham Hicks
RHP Trevor Holder
LHP Chuck JamesRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation