Feb 24, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals' annual accelerated development camp opened today, with 47 of the organization's top prospects (actually there are a couple of veterans in the group) participating. Basically, this is a chance for some guys to get a jump-start on the rest of the minor leaguers, who don't report until March 5 (pitchers and catchers) or March 9 (position players).
Couple of things that stood out to me: Brad Meyers, the organization's pitcher of the year in 2009, is listed among those players on rehab. I hadn't heard about any injury previously, but I'm looking into it and will report back if I hear anything. Also, Glenn Gibson (the pitcher who was traded to Tampa Bay in 2008 to acquire Elijah Dukes) is apparently back with the Nats' organization, something else I hadn't previously heard.
Here's the complete roster…
RHP Andrew Brown
LHP Mitchell Clegg
RHP Paul Demny
RHP Robinson Fabian
RHP Marcos Frias
LHP Glenn Gibson
LHP Graham Hicks
RHP Trevor Holder
LHP Chuck JamesRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'