Feb 24, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — I know I promised not to complain about the weather while down here, but when it affects actual baseball from taking place … well, I have a journalistic obligation to report it.
A pretty intense storm hit the area this morning, soaking the fields. And more rain appears to be looming. So the Nationals have called off today’s traditional workout. Pitchers and catchers will still do some conditioning work, and some guys will work on things under cover. But the full workout won’t take place.
Oh, and did I mention it’s only 55 degrees here today? Sorry, I swear that will be the last time I complain about the weather while I’m down here. (Said with fingers crossed behind his back.)
I’ll have some news out of Jim Riggleman’s morning media session in a little bit, plus an interview with Craig Stammen, who is in the unusual position of attending his first big-league camp despite having already thrown more than 100 innings in the major leagues.
In the meantime, be sure to check out today’s cover story in USA Today about Stephen Strasburg. It’s written by some guy I’ve heard of before, but I can’t figure out where or when…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence