Feb 24, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — I know I promised not to complain about the weather while down here, but when it affects actual baseball from taking place … well, I have a journalistic obligation to report it.
A pretty intense storm hit the area this morning, soaking the fields. And more rain appears to be looming. So the Nationals have called off today’s traditional workout. Pitchers and catchers will still do some conditioning work, and some guys will work on things under cover. But the full workout won’t take place.
Oh, and did I mention it’s only 55 degrees here today? Sorry, I swear that will be the last time I complain about the weather while I’m down here. (Said with fingers crossed behind his back.)
I’ll have some news out of Jim Riggleman’s morning media session in a little bit, plus an interview with Craig Stammen, who is in the unusual position of attending his first big-league camp despite having already thrown more than 100 innings in the major leagues.
In the meantime, be sure to check out today’s cover story in USA Today about Stephen Strasburg. It’s written by some guy I’ve heard of before, but I can’t figure out where or when…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect