Feb 24, 2010, 2:42 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — I know I promised not to complain about the weather while down here, but when it affects actual baseball from taking place … well, I have a journalistic obligation to report it.
A pretty intense storm hit the area this morning, soaking the fields. And more rain appears to be looming. So the Nationals have called off today’s traditional workout. Pitchers and catchers will still do some conditioning work, and some guys will work on things under cover. But the full workout won’t take place.
Oh, and did I mention it’s only 55 degrees here today? Sorry, I swear that will be the last time I complain about the weather while I’m down here. (Said with fingers crossed behind his back.)
I’ll have some news out of Jim Riggleman’s morning media session in a little bit, plus an interview with Craig Stammen, who is in the unusual position of attending his first big-league camp despite having already thrown more than 100 innings in the major leagues.
In the meantime, be sure to check out today’s cover story in USA Today about Stephen Strasburg. It’s written by some guy I’ve heard of before, but I can’t figure out where or when…
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Friday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
Through Friday's games
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats rolling and about to become complete
- Fister, Nats do enough right to get by Marlins
- Zimmerman rejoining Nats, likely to play Saturday
- Fister seeks win No. 15 tonight in Miami
- His thumb healthy, Harper tearing it up at plate
- Gonzalez makes case for postseason start
- Bryce, Gio continue late-season surge in 6-2 win
- NL Playoff Outlook: What stars will give the Nationals trouble?
- LaRoche gets extra day off to rest ailing back
- MLB Power Rankings: Tigers righting the ship