Feb 25, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — OK, that promise I made yesterday not to complain about the weather down here anymore? Yeah, I'm reneging on that. It's cold today. I mean cold. It was 38 degrees this morning when I left the hotel, and there's a steady 20 mph wind that leaves the wind chill in the 20s. (Note: This may be the first time in Florida meteorological history that the term "wind chill" has ever been used.)
Anyways, the players are getting all bundled up to head out to the practice fields. Jim Riggleman said he was going to make a point to emphasize to them to wear plenty of layers and to take extra precautions with stretching and getting loose before engaging in any serious physical activity.
Meanwhile, in non-weather news, today is physicals day for all the position players (plus apparently members of the PR staff — hope they pass) so we'll only see a few them straggling in and out of the complex. Everyone had reported to the stadium by yesterday, except for Josh Willingham and Elijah Dukes. Willingham's wife Ginger justRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper breaks out patriotic bat for the Fourth -- and it works
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Strasburg on mound for July 4th special
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going