Feb 25, 2010, 6:25 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Frigid conditions in Viera forced everyone to bundle up.
VIERA, Fla. — For all of you who don't believe me about the frigid weather down here, check out the above visual evidence of it. That's Beth Jarrett, one of the Nationals' minor-league trainers, bundled up underneath all those layers. It's legitimately cold here.
OK, enough about the weather. As for today's workout…
– Stephen Strasburg's latest bullpen session drew its usual level of attention, from team executives and media alike. All pitchers threw for 12 minutes today (up from eight the first time they took the mounds). Strasburg appeared to be working extensively on his breaking ball, the devastating slider/curveball hybrid that ate aliveRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout