Feb 25, 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Frigid conditions in Viera forced everyone to bundle up.
VIERA, Fla. — For all of you who don't believe me about the frigid weather down here, check out the above visual evidence of it. That's Beth Jarrett, one of the Nationals' minor-league trainers, bundled up underneath all those layers. It's legitimately cold here.
OK, enough about the weather. As for today's workout…
— Stephen Strasburg's latest bullpen session drew its usual level of attention, from team executives and media alike. All pitchers threw for 12 minutes today (up from eight the first time they took the mounds). Strasburg appeared to be working extensively on his breaking ball, the devastating slider/curveball hybrid that ate aliveRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5