Feb 26, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Garrett Mock impressed today facing live hitters for the first time.
VIERA, Fla. — His entire roster together in camp for the first time this morning, Jim Riggleman decided to hold a full-squad meeting before taking the fields for a spirited workout. These meetings, usually held on the first day of full workouts, are common throughout baseball, but it's always interesting to hear what kind of message a manager tries to deliver.
In Riggleman's case, there were two main themes: 2009 is a thing of the past, and it's time to pay attention to details.
As for moving on from last year's troubles, Riggleman did make a point to mention all the good individual performances the Nats had in '09, from Ryan Zimmerman's Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards to Adam Dunn's 38 homers and 105 RBI to John Lannan's consistency atop the rotation. And he made sure to thank his players for givingRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi