Feb 26, 2010, 6:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Garrett Mock impressed today facing live hitters for the first time.
VIERA, Fla. — His entire roster together in camp for the first time this morning, Jim Riggleman decided to hold a full-squad meeting before taking the fields for a spirited workout. These meetings, usually held on the first day of full workouts, are common throughout baseball, but it's always interesting to hear what kind of message a manager tries to deliver.
In Riggleman's case, there were two main themes: 2009 is a thing of the past, and it's time to pay attention to details.
As for moving on from last year's troubles, Riggleman did make a point to mention all the good individual performances the Nats had in '09, from Ryan Zimmerman's Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards to Adam Dunn's 38 homers and 105 RBI to John Lannan's consistency atop the rotation. And he made sure to thank his players for givingRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards