Feb 27, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Nationals right-hander Jason Bergmann was kind enough to take your submitted questions earlier this week … then took four days to get around to actually answer them. Obviously, this guy knows nothing about reporter deadlines. He wouldn't last a day in this business!
But seriously, folks, Jason has always been one of the most media-friendly and fan-friendly members of the Nats organization, and he remains the only guy along with Ryan Zimmerman to have appeared in at least one game every season since the franchise arrived in D.C. (Fun fact: Did you know Bergmann is the Nats' all-time leader in strikeouts with 297? Livan Hernandez is hot on his tail at 263.)
With that, here are Jason's unfiltered answers to your questions. Thanks to everyone who participated, and thanks to Jason for being a good sport … and having an impressive grasp of grammar, spelling and punctuation skills for a guy who didn't go to journalism school! …
JayB: How is this year's camp different from each of your past six, is it not? That covers Frank, Manny and Jim. Reflecting back on past spring training camps from 2005-2006 to 2007-2009 to present day 2010, how does this roster stack up to the past years?
Jason Bergmann: This year's camp is, by far, the most veteran-laden. There are so many guys in camp with us that have done so much for other teams. This camp is also the first in the last threeRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists