Feb 27, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Nationals right-hander Jason Bergmann was kind enough to take your submitted questions earlier this week … then took four days to get around to actually answer them. Obviously, this guy knows nothing about reporter deadlines. He wouldn't last a day in this business!
But seriously, folks, Jason has always been one of the most media-friendly and fan-friendly members of the Nats organization, and he remains the only guy along with Ryan Zimmerman to have appeared in at least one game every season since the franchise arrived in D.C. (Fun fact: Did you know Bergmann is the Nats' all-time leader in strikeouts with 297? Livan Hernandez is hot on his tail at 263.)
With that, here are Jason's unfiltered answers to your questions. Thanks to everyone who participated, and thanks to Jason for being a good sport … and having an impressive grasp of grammar, spelling and punctuation skills for a guy who didn't go to journalism school! …
JayB: How is this year's camp different from each of your past six, is it not? That covers Frank, Manny and Jim. Reflecting back on past spring training camps from 2005-2006 to 2007-2009 to present day 2010, how does this roster stack up to the past years?
Jason Bergmann: This year's camp is, by far, the most veteran-laden. There are so many guys in camp with us that have done so much for other teams. This camp is also the first in the last threeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1