Feb 27, 2010, 6:13 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Though Jesus Flores is making progress in his recovery from shoulder shoulder, the rehabbing catcher isn’t progressing quickly enough to start playing in actual games.
“He won’t be playing in the games early on,” Riggleman said. “I’m not sure when we’ll get him into games.”
Flores, who had surgery in September to repair a torn labrum, has slowly been progressing in his throwing program. He’s currently worked up to 90 feet, though he’s still not allowed to throw the ball back to pitchers when catching bullpen sessions.
Veterans Ivan Rodriguez and Wil Nieves will get the bulk of the starts behind the plate during the early portion of the exhibition schedule. Prospect Derek Norris and veteran Jamie Burke will also get some playing time.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York
- Nats have had enough of the 8th inning
- Nats fall to Mets as Harvey bests Scherzer
- MLB amends rule involving Nats' top prospect
- Scherzer faces Harvey in marquee matchup