Feb 27, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg threw his first session of live BP today.
[Updated with some quotes from Strasburg]
VIERA, Fla. — Cross another milestone off the Stephen Strasburg checklist. The kid has now thrown to live batters.
Actually, we have to assume they were alive, because nothing Willy Taveras, Derek Norris, Roger Bernadina or Eric Bruntlett did while standing at the plate against Strasburg today resembled physical activity. They basically just stood there and watched pitches go by.
Don't worry, this was by design. On a cold, windy, rainy Saturday morning, the last thing anybody wanted to do was get jammed by a 98 mph Strasburg fastball. The purpose of today's "live BP" session was merely to allow Strasburg to get a feel for pitching off a mound withRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up