Mar 1, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — These next few days will probably drag along more than any others this spring, because it's around this time that everyone begins itching to get the exhibition season started.
Unfortunately, the Grapefruit League doesn't commence until Thursday, when the Nats send one split-squad to Kissimmee to face the Astros and another to Jupiter to face the Marlins. Until then, they've got three more days of full-squad workouts to slog their way through.
That means another round of defensive fundamentals today, another round of conditioning and another round of live BP. The guys throwing today include John Lannan, Scott Olsen, Ron Villone, Eddie Guardado, Garrett Mock, J.D. Martin, Matt Capps, Collin Balester, Brian Bruney, Jason Bergmann and Drew Storen. I'll try to catch a glimpse of as many of them as I can and report back with some analysis later.
Meanwhile, we got a couple more confirmations from Jim Riggleman about the upcoming starting rotation. Here's what we now know forRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York
- Nats have had enough of the 8th inning
- Nats fall to Mets as Harvey bests Scherzer
- MLB amends rule involving Nats' top prospect
- Scherzer faces Harvey in marquee matchup
- Good news for Nats regarding Anthony Rendon's rehab
- MLB Power Rankings: Cubs, Yankees rising fast
- Impressive win for Nats in opener vs. Mets