Mar 1, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — These next few days will probably drag along more than any others this spring, because it's around this time that everyone begins itching to get the exhibition season started.
Unfortunately, the Grapefruit League doesn't commence until Thursday, when the Nats send one split-squad to Kissimmee to face the Astros and another to Jupiter to face the Marlins. Until then, they've got three more days of full-squad workouts to slog their way through.
That means another round of defensive fundamentals today, another round of conditioning and another round of live BP. The guys throwing today include John Lannan, Scott Olsen, Ron Villone, Eddie Guardado, Garrett Mock, J.D. Martin, Matt Capps, Collin Balester, Brian Bruney, Jason Bergmann and Drew Storen. I'll try to catch a glimpse of as many of them as I can and report back with some analysis later.
Meanwhile, we got a couple more confirmations from Jim Riggleman about the upcoming starting rotation. Here's what we now know forRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions