Mar 2, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Good morning from soggy Space Coast Stadium, where a torrential downpour earlier soaked the field. And there's more rain expected later this morning.
The Nationals have, however, decided to commence their morning workout. Sounds like they're going to try to squeeze in as much as they can — including another round of live BP featuring Stephen Strasburg — before the skies open again.
Speaking of Strasburg, Jim Riggleman once again this morning made it pretty clear the phenom won't be making the big-league roster on Opening Day. Saying the decision might be more "philosophical than based on performance," Riggleman suggested Strasburg could dominate hitters this spring but still be shipped out sometime later this month to build up his innings count in minor-league camp and then open the season in the minors.
For those who want to catch an early glimpse of the almighty right-hander, though, you now will be able to watch his debut next Tuesday against the Tigers. MASN has picked the game up and will be televising it both live at 1 p.m. and again on tape delay at 7 p.m.
In other rotation news, Scott Olsen will indeed start Monday against the Marlins, so the initial turn through the rotation is now set: Mock/Martin in split-squad games Thursday, Batista on Friday,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK