Mar 4, 2010, 9:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nyjer Morgan went 0-for-4 in the Nats' 15-5 loss to the Astros.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Those were the words of Jason Bergmann following the Nationals' Grapefruit League opener today, a 15-5 shellacking at the hands of the Astros that wasn't easy on the eyes for anyone among the crowd of 1,742 at Osceola County Stadium.
Obviously, these games don't count for anything, and nobody's paying serious attention to the results. That said, I think Jim Riggleman and Co. would have preferred a slightly better showing for their exhibition debut.
Let's run through some players of note, with some analysis and quotes along the way…
GARRETT MOCK: No complaints here. The right-hander did what he needed to in his first outing. He threw strikes (13 of 21 pitches), let his defense do the work and didn't allow a run in his two innings on the mound. "I think it was a decent place to start out," he said. "I feel like I accomplished some of the goals I had set for attacking guys andRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series