Mar 5, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Disney-fied spring training home of the Atlanta Braves.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Hello from the "Happiest Place on Earth" (TM), otherwise known as Disney's Wide World of Sports. The spring home of the Braves is a wonderful complex, one of the nicest in the state. But make no mistake, it reeks of the Disney vibe. Before you pull into the parking lot, there's a sign reading "Cast Members Entrance." The music is loud and family-friendly. And the ushers dance in between innings.
Into this caldron of syrup come the Nationals, fresh off two unsightly losses in yesterday's Grapefruit League split-squad openers. Jim Riggleman will be fielding a slightly better lineup today, with more regulars. Veteran Miguel Batista, in the running for either a rotation or bullpen spot, gets the start.
Check back throughout the day for in-game updates, and check the home page for other non-game news…
NATIONALS AT BRAVES
Disney's Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: Braves radio (via MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to CF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Chris Duncan
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats