Mar 7, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tradition Field, the spring training home of the New York Mets.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A very pleasant Sunday morning to you from Tradition Field, home of the Mets. It's Game 2 of the home-and-home series between Washington and New York, and the Nationals can only hope they put on a better showing today after getting smoked 14-6 yesterday in Viera.
Jason Marquis make his spring debut today, with Matt Chico following him in relief. Several other relievers in the mix for roster spots are here as well. I'll post lineups as soon as I get them, so check back for updates.
NATIONALS AT METS
Tradition Field, Port St. Lucie
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
TV/Radio: WPIX-11 (New York), WFAN-AM (Mets radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
CF Justin Maxwell
SS Ian Desmond
RF Elijah Dukes
1B Mike Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats