Mar 9, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Hard as it is to believe, there were developments today that did not involve Stephen Strasburg. Shocking, I know.
Anyways, here's a rundown of some other items of note…
In a camp full of struggling relievers, Walker tops the list. After getting pounded for five runs and six hits in his first appearance Saturday against the Mets, he was even worse today: six runs and eight hits allowed in 1 2/3 innings. His ERA is now 37.13 and he's allowed an unfathomable 47.25 hits per nine innings.
Rest assured, the veteran right-hander is not pleased with his performance.
"It's frustrating," he said. "It's easy to write the first one off. But when it's the second time out there and you get shellacked again, it's time to make adjustments and do them quickly."
Walker believes he may have a mechanical glitch that's causing him to leave the ball up in the zone. Basically, he tends to move his head to the left before letting go of the ball, and that forced his whole upperRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win