Mar 10, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Adam Dunn started at first base today against the Cardinals.
JUPITER, Fla. — Hello from Roger Dean Stadium, spring home of both the St. Louis Cardinals and Florida Marlins. The Nationals, fresh off yesterday's hubbub in Viera, made the trip down I-95 this morning to face the Cardinals, and I would imagine there will be slightly less interest in this game than there was yesterday for the GSSSTD.
Not that there aren't significant matters taking place today. For one thing, Garrett Mock takes the mound for his second start of the spring, hoping to build off his solid debut last week against the Astros. J.D. Martin, technically also in the running for a rotation spot, is slated to follow Mock out of the bullpen. And Drew Storen will look to keep his fabulous spring (two perfect innings, 19 total pitches) going with another inning of relief on the schedule.
So check back throughout the day for updates, and any other news that crops up will magically appear in new posts…
NATIONALS AT CARDINALS
Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 16 mph RF to LF
2B Willie Harris
SS Ian Desmond
DH Chris Duncan
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- FAA to Nationals: Using drones not allowed
- Detwiler will open season in Nationals' bullpen
- Roark leads Nats into Lakeland to face Tigers
- Phillies Rollins won't waive no-trade clause with record in sight
- Former Nats reliever Bill Bray retiring from baseball
- Souza, Solis, Goodwin among Nationals' latest cuts
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games