Mar 11, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Today's game against the Astros was canceled due to rain.
[UPDATE AT 12:23 P.M.: Today's game has officially been canceled due to rain. It will not be made up.]
VIERA, Fla. — Hello from rainy Space Coast Stadium, where the tarp has been on the field all morning and batting practice has been moved to the under-cover cages behind the right-field fence.
The Nationals and Astros are supposed to play at 1:05 p.m., and as of this moment, the game is still on. The forecast does call for some clearing early this afternoon, though the rain is expected to return later in the afternoon and continue through tomorrow (possibly threatening the game against the Yankees).
I'll provide updates (both weather- and game-related) throughout, so be sure to check back for the latest…
ASTROS AT NATIONALS
Space Coast Stadium, Viera, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Showers, 74 degrees, Wind 18 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September