Mar 11, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Today's game against the Astros was canceled due to rain.
[UPDATE AT 12:23 P.M.: Today's game has officially been canceled due to rain. It will not be made up.]
VIERA, Fla. — Hello from rainy Space Coast Stadium, where the tarp has been on the field all morning and batting practice has been moved to the under-cover cages behind the right-field fence.
The Nationals and Astros are supposed to play at 1:05 p.m., and as of this moment, the game is still on. The forecast does call for some clearing early this afternoon, though the rain is expected to return later in the afternoon and continue through tomorrow (possibly threatening the game against the Yankees).
I'll provide updates (both weather- and game-related) throughout, so be sure to check back for the latest…
ASTROS AT NATIONALS
Space Coast Stadium, Viera, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Showers, 74 degrees, Wind 18 mph in from CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line