Mar 12, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Just like yesterday, today's game has been canceled.
[UPDATE AT 12:01 P.M. — The rotation will remain as scheduled. Scott Olsen starts tomorrow, followed by Matt Chico. Stephen Strasburg starts Sunday, followed by Livan Hernandez. Garrett Mock starts Monday.]
VIERA, Fla. — For the second straight day, the Nationals have been rained out. Yesterday it was the Astros. Today it's the Yankees. So much for that highly anticipated matchup between Jason Marquis and Andy Pettitte. Also a shame because today's game, I believe, was sold out.
Neither game will be replayed. If you happened to have tickets, you can exchange them for any other comparably priced, available seat at a future home game this spring or next spring. There are no refunds.
Still waiting to hear what the Nationals' pitching plan is going to be. Jim Riggleman and Steve McCatty are planning to meet shortly to discuss different possibilities. John Lannan, who was supposed to start yesterday against Houston, was hoping to instead throw to minor-league hitters today. Obviously, that's not happening, so he will be forced to throw 35-to-40 pitches in the batting cage. The question now will be whether Marquis does the same or whether he gets pushedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC
- Could Nats hire Francona or Scioscia as manager?