Mar 13, 2010, 11:22 PM EDT
Photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Drew Storen has allowed one hit –a cheap one — in three appearances this spring.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — We've passed the midway point of the spring, and though there are still three weeks' worth of exhibition games left to be played, we can already draw some significant conclusions.
Stephen Strasburg is the best pitcher in camp, though that won't ensure him a spot on the Opening Day roster.
Drew Storen may be right behind Strasburg in ability, and he very well could wind up in Washington on April 5.
Other than Ryan Zimmerman, Ian Desmond may be the best all-around position player on the roster, and he's determined to force a difficult decision at the end of the month.
The rotation remains a huge question mark, with few guys in the running for three open spots distinguishing themselves as worthy big-league starters.
Let's begin with that final point, because it is the foremost dilemma on the Nationals' hands at this moment. Sure, it's nice to know Strasburg, Storen and Desmond all look major-league ready, but what good does that do when you still can't come up with a reliable startingRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth