Mar 13, 2010, 11:22 PM EST
Photo by Rachel Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Drew Storen has allowed one hit –a cheap one — in three appearances this spring.
KISSIMMEE, Fla. — We've passed the midway point of the spring, and though there are still three weeks' worth of exhibition games left to be played, we can already draw some significant conclusions.
Stephen Strasburg is the best pitcher in camp, though that won't ensure him a spot on the Opening Day roster.
Drew Storen may be right behind Strasburg in ability, and he very well could wind up in Washington on April 5.
Other than Ryan Zimmerman, Ian Desmond may be the best all-around position player on the roster, and he's determined to force a difficult decision at the end of the month.
The rotation remains a huge question mark, with few guys in the running for three open spots distinguishing themselves as worthy big-league starters.
Let's begin with that final point, because it is the foremost dilemma on the Nationals' hands at this moment. Sure, it's nice to know Strasburg, Storen and Desmond all look major-league ready, but what good does that do when you still can't come up with a reliable startingRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond