Mar 14, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
A near-sellout is expected today at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — Happy Selection Sunday to everyone out there. Before you start filling out your brackets, though, we've got some more Grapefruit League action to enjoy.
Stephen Strasburg makes his second start this afternoon, facing a Cardinals lineup that won't include Albert Pujols or Matt Holliday but will feature Yadier Molina, Colby Rasmus, Skip Schumaker and everyone's favorite ex-Nat Felipe Lopez. Adam Wainwright on the hill for St. Louis, providing a good test for a Nationals club trying desperately to get into the win column for the first time this spring.
Strasburg will throw three innings, but you don't need to abandon the park immediately after he's done, because Livan Hernandez is due to follow the rookie. Livo is making his first appearance in an actual game this spring and will throw at least three innings. Manager Jim Riggleman said the veteran righty will most likely get to start his next time out, further indication Hernandez is a strong candidate to wind up in the Opening Day rotation.
Check back all day for updates…
CARDINALS AT NATIONALS
Space Coast Stadium, Viera, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: KTRS-AM (Cardinals radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 20 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?