Mar 14, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
A near-sellout is expected today at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — Happy Selection Sunday to everyone out there. Before you start filling out your brackets, though, we've got some more Grapefruit League action to enjoy.
Stephen Strasburg makes his second start this afternoon, facing a Cardinals lineup that won't include Albert Pujols or Matt Holliday but will feature Yadier Molina, Colby Rasmus, Skip Schumaker and everyone's favorite ex-Nat Felipe Lopez. Adam Wainwright on the hill for St. Louis, providing a good test for a Nationals club trying desperately to get into the win column for the first time this spring.
Strasburg will throw three innings, but you don't need to abandon the park immediately after he's done, because Livan Hernandez is due to follow the rookie. Livo is making his first appearance in an actual game this spring and will throw at least three innings. Manager Jim Riggleman said the veteran righty will most likely get to start his next time out, further indication Hernandez is a strong candidate to wind up in the Opening Day rotation.
Check back all day for updates…
CARDINALS AT NATIONALS
Space Coast Stadium, Viera, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: KTRS-AM (Cardinals radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 degrees, Wind 20 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line