Mar 19, 2010, 6:34 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Space Coast Stadium will be packed again tonight for Stephen Strasburg's outing.
VIERA, Fla. — And we're back to baseball at Space Coast Stadium. Following yesterday's off-day and a free morning today, the Nationals return to action this evening against a split-squad group from St. Louis that looks more like a regular squad from Class AAA Memphis.
No Albert Pujols. No Matt Holliday. No Yadier Molina. No Colby Rasmus. No Chris Carpenter. Not even Felipe Lopez. All of those guys stayed back in Jupiter, with all but Holliday in the lineup against the Marlins.
Instead, we get to see the likes of David Freese, Allen Craig and Nick Stavinoha take their cuts against Stephen Strasburg. I have a hunch Strasburg will win that battle, but I suppose we'll see.
Check back here throughout the afternoon and evening for updates, and check back on the home page for non-game-related news…
CARDINALS (SS) AT NATIONALS
Space Coast Stadium, Viera, Fla.
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: No TV/WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Sunny, 64 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
RF Willie Harris
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall