Mar 21, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Justin Maxwell strikes out in the fourth, leaving him 4-for-35 this spring.
JUPITER, Fla. — Hello from Roger Dean Stadium, joint spring home of the Marlins and Cardinals. The Marlins are our hosts today, with the Nationals making the trek down I-95 for part two of a home-and-home exhibition series. (Florida won yesterday's ballgame in Viera, 5-3.)
Good pitching matchup today, with John Lannan and Josh Johnson facing each other in a rematch of last year's Opening Day in Miami. Lannan has kind of been under the radar all spring for the Nats, in part because of all the Stephen Strasburg hype, in part because one of his starts was rained out and another one was in a road split-squad game. But now it's time for Lannan to start getting serious. Including today, he's got three more starts down here before facing Chase Utley, Ryan Howard and Co. on April 5.
Be sure to check back for updates throughout the afternoon, and check the homepage for any non-game news…
NATIONALS AT MARLINS
Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: No TV/Marlins radio (via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 78 degrees, Wind 20 mph RF to LF
RF Willie Harris
2B Adam Kennedy
SS Ian Desmond
1B Chris Duncan
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured