Mar 22, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Chris Duncan, who hit .156 this spring, was re-assigned to minor-league camp.
VIERA, Fla. — More roster reductions this morning: Chris Duncan and Pete Orr have been re-assigned to minor-league camp, while Shairon Martis has been optioned to Class AAA Syracuse.
Duncan had the best shot of making the club when camp opened, hoping to rediscover the form that made him a semi-regular for the World Series champion Cardinals in 2006. But the first baseman/outfielder never found his hitting stroke, and despite work with coach Rick Eckstein to make changes, wasn't able to transfer that into results in game situations. He hit .156 (5-for-32) with seven RBI in 12 spring games.
Martis, who made the Opening Day rotation last year as the Nationals' No. 4 starter, hasn't been the same since getting sent to Class AAA last summer. He allowed eight runs and 10 hits in 5 1/3 innings this spring. Manager Jim Riggleman did say, though, he believes theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today