Mar 23, 2010, 10:19 PM EDT
LAKELAND, Fla. — The Nationals insist they have never had an association with a Northern Virginia chiropractor arrested this morning in connection with the Florida steroids dealer who upon his arrest last year claimed he sold to members of the Nats and Capitals.
Dr. Douglas Owen Nagel, of Reston, was arrested and charged with one count of conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance and seven counts of solicitation to deliver a controlled substance. On a list of doctors speaking at a 2009 event called the Annual Baseball Team Medicine Conference, Nagel referred to himself as a chiropractic consultant to the Nats and Caps.
"I've never heard of the gentleman before today," Nationals president Stan Kasten said before tonight's game against the Tigers. "He's not associated in any way with the Nationals, never has been. Our trainers have never had anything to do with him. We have no knowledge of anything about him. At all. Period."
Nagel is accused of buying steroids from Lakeland resident Richard Thomas, who last year was arrested in a major drug bust and then claimed to officials he had sold steroids to players from both theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today
- As Nats hold breath, Zimmerman passes test
- Nationals win in Zimmerman's return
- Zimmerman begins race to get ready for October