Mar 23, 2010, 7:21 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Joker Marchant Stadium, longtime spring home of the Detroit Tigers.
LAKELAND, Fla. — Hello from Tiger Town, which has housed Detroit's American League ballclub since the days Hank Greenberg was slugging home runs. Joker Marchant Stadium (named not for a clown but for Lakeland's parks and recreation director) was built in 1966 and then renovated in 2003 into what is now once of the nicest complexes in the Grapefruit League.
Tonight, this venerable venue hosts the Nationals, who send Scott Olsen to the mound in a critical outing for the left-hander. As we've been talking about all spring, Olsen still doesn't appear all the way back from his shoulder surgery. I think it's safe to say we'll all have one eye on the radar gun here tonight, curious if his fastball comes closer to approaching 90 mph for the first time this spring.
Be sure to check back for updates throughout the late afternoon/evening and check the homepage for any non-game news…
NATIONALS AT TIGERS
Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland, Fla.
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: No TV/Tigers radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Clear, 67 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
CF Willy Taveras
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins