Mar 26, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan struggled early but rebounded over his 5 2/3 innings.
VIERA, Fla. — After some vicious storms overnight and a cloudy morning here at Space Coast Stadium, the sun is beginning to emerge and we will have baseball this afternoon.
The Cardinals are back in town for the third time this spring, bringing their entire "A" lineup, aside from Albert Pujols. The reigning MVP was actually supposed to make this trip, but manager Tony La Russa decided at the last minute not to subject Pujols (who has battled some back issues this spring) to the two-hour bus ride up I-95.
John Lannan, still the Nats' presumptive Opening Day starter even though that hasn't been made official, is on the mound for the home team. The left-hander has had a very nice, unspectacular spring, which is exactly what you want out of your top starter. He could go as many as six innings today if he keeps his pitch count down.
Check back throughout the day for updates…
CARDINALS AT NATIONALS
Space Coast Stadium, Viera, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 13 mph RF to LF
3B Willie Harris
SS Cristian Guzman
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?