Mar 27, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Cristian Guzman went 3-for-4 with a stolen base against the Mets.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — It's a beautiful Saturday morning at Tradition Field, where a split-squad of Nationals are facing the Mets today. The other squad, featuring right-hander Jason Marquis, manager Jim Riggleman and the rest of the media corps, are in Lake Buena Vista facing the Braves. But I decided to break from the group just for today and cover this game.
There are actually plenty of significant names here in Port St. Lucie. Craig Stammen gets the start, hoping to completely lock up his stranglehold on the No. 5 starter's job. Cristian Guzman is starting at shortstop, and hopefully he'll get a couple of balls hit to his right to test that shoulder. Adam Dunn, Josh Willingham, Pudge Rodriguez and Adam Kennedy are here as well.
I'll try to keep up with any news from Disney that I can get my hands on. In the meantime, keep checking back here for updates from this game…
NATIONALS (SS) AT METS
Tradition Field, Port St. Lucie
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
TV/Radio: MLB Network (Mets TV)/WFAN-AM (Mets radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
CF Willy Taveras
SS Cristian Guzman
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets