Mar 27, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Cristian Guzman went 3-for-4 with a stolen base against the Mets.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — It's a beautiful Saturday morning at Tradition Field, where a split-squad of Nationals are facing the Mets today. The other squad, featuring right-hander Jason Marquis, manager Jim Riggleman and the rest of the media corps, are in Lake Buena Vista facing the Braves. But I decided to break from the group just for today and cover this game.
There are actually plenty of significant names here in Port St. Lucie. Craig Stammen gets the start, hoping to completely lock up his stranglehold on the No. 5 starter's job. Cristian Guzman is starting at shortstop, and hopefully he'll get a couple of balls hit to his right to test that shoulder. Adam Dunn, Josh Willingham, Pudge Rodriguez and Adam Kennedy are here as well.
I'll try to keep up with any news from Disney that I can get my hands on. In the meantime, keep checking back here for updates from this game…
NATIONALS (SS) AT METS
Tradition Field, Port St. Lucie
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
TV/Radio: MLB Network (Mets TV)/WFAN-AM (Mets radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
CF Willy Taveras
SS Cristian Guzman
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?