Mar 27, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Cristian Guzman went 3-for-4 with a stolen base against the Mets.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — It's a beautiful Saturday morning at Tradition Field, where a split-squad of Nationals are facing the Mets today. The other squad, featuring right-hander Jason Marquis, manager Jim Riggleman and the rest of the media corps, are in Lake Buena Vista facing the Braves. But I decided to break from the group just for today and cover this game.
There are actually plenty of significant names here in Port St. Lucie. Craig Stammen gets the start, hoping to completely lock up his stranglehold on the No. 5 starter's job. Cristian Guzman is starting at shortstop, and hopefully he'll get a couple of balls hit to his right to test that shoulder. Adam Dunn, Josh Willingham, Pudge Rodriguez and Adam Kennedy are here as well.
I'll try to keep up with any news from Disney that I can get my hands on. In the meantime, keep checking back here for updates from this game…
NATIONALS (SS) AT METS
Tradition Field, Port St. Lucie
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
TV/Radio: MLB Network (Mets TV)/WFAN-AM (Mets radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio)
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
CF Willy Taveras
SS Cristian Guzman
2B Adam Kennedy
1B Adam Dunn
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A