Mar 28, 2010, 10:09 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ian Desmond has made the roster, but what about Scott Olsen?
VIERA, Fla. — What began as a lazy Sunday morning at Space Coast Stadium quickly turned into one of the spring' most intriguing days.
– Ian Desmond has made the club and will be the Opening Day shortstop.
– Cristian Guzman also will make the club, but serve as a backup at shortstop and second base.
– Justin Maxwell was optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, a fitting conclusion to a disappointing spring.
– Scott Olsen, given up for dead 12 hours ago, put together his strongest start of the spring and made one last case for a spot in the Opening Day rotation.
So at the end of the day, the Nationals made two key decisions that will shape their outlook for 2010 and now must confront another that has been looming all spring. Let's begin with the two decisions thatRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign Tony Gwynn Jr. to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery