Mar 29, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Each of Stephen Strasburg's Class AA starts is sure to draw attention.
VIERA, Fla. — Stephen Strasburg's much-ballyhooed minor-league debut for Class AA Harrisburg will take place April 11 at Altoona, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said this afternoon.
The top pitching prospect will actually have his schedule pushed back three days; he had been on track to start Harrisburg's season opener (April 8 at Altoona). By moving Strasburg to the 11th, the organization ensures the right-hander will make more starts at home for the Senators while also lining him up on the same day as its No. 5 starter in the majors.
If he pitches every fifth day, here's how Strasburg's first month with Harrisburg would shake out…
April 11 at Altoona
April 16 vs New Britain
April 21 vs Reading
April 26 at Reading
May 1 vs Altoona
(If you really want to get into the projecting game, Strasburg's major-league debut could come Saturday, June 5 against the Reds at Nationals Park. But the chance of him actually staying on a perfect,Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action