Mar 29, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Each of Stephen Strasburg's Class AA starts is sure to draw attention.
VIERA, Fla. — Stephen Strasburg's much-ballyhooed minor-league debut for Class AA Harrisburg will take place April 11 at Altoona, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said this afternoon.
The top pitching prospect will actually have his schedule pushed back three days; he had been on track to start Harrisburg's season opener (April 8 at Altoona). By moving Strasburg to the 11th, the organization ensures the right-hander will make more starts at home for the Senators while also lining him up on the same day as its No. 5 starter in the majors.
If he pitches every fifth day, here's how Strasburg's first month with Harrisburg would shake out…
April 11 at Altoona
April 16 vs New Britain
April 21 vs Reading
April 26 at Reading
May 1 vs Altoona
(If you really want to get into the projecting game, Strasburg's major-league debut could come Saturday, June 5 against the Reds at Nationals Park. But the chance of him actually staying on a perfect,Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order