Mar 29, 2010, 8:14 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Each of Stephen Strasburg's Class AA starts is sure to draw attention.
VIERA, Fla. — Stephen Strasburg's much-ballyhooed minor-league debut for Class AA Harrisburg will take place April 11 at Altoona, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said this afternoon.
The top pitching prospect will actually have his schedule pushed back three days; he had been on track to start Harrisburg's season opener (April 8 at Altoona). By moving Strasburg to the 11th, the organization ensures the right-hander will make more starts at home for the Senators while also lining him up on the same day as its No. 5 starter in the majors.
If he pitches every fifth day, here's how Strasburg's first month with Harrisburg would shake out…
April 11 at Altoona
April 16 vs New Britain
April 21 vs Reading
April 26 at Reading
May 1 vs Altoona
(If you really want to get into the projecting game, Strasburg's major-league debut could come Saturday, June 5 against the Reds at Nationals Park. But the chance of him actually staying on a perfect,Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'