Mar 30, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roger Dean Stadium, spring home of both the Marlins and Cardinals.
JUPITER, Fla. — It's another beautiful morning in Florida, one of the last few we'll have down here. The Nationals have only four games left on the Grapefruit League schedule, all of them road games: today against the Marlins, tomorrow against the Cardinals, Thursday against the Mets and Friday against the Red Sox.
Because we're so close to the end, the lineups are starting to have more resemblance to the one Jim Riggleman will trot out next week. Plenty of regulars on the trip today, including Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn and Ivan Rodriguez. Also note Cristian Guzman is starting at shortstop.
The key guy to watch today, though, is Garrett Mock. The right-hander has gone from seemingly a lock to make the rotation as the Nats' No. 3 starter to suddenly battling for the No. 5 spot. Plain and simple, he needs to put together a nice outing today to make his final case for inclusion on the Opening Day roster.
Check back for updates along the way…
NATIONALS AT MARLINS
Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, Fla.
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Sunny, 71 degrees, Wind 11 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Cristian Guzman
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1