Apr 1, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
As part of my fundraising campaign to cover spring training, I offered readers who contributed at least $60 the opportunity to submit a question to a member of the Nationals. Manager Jim Riggleman and four players (Ryan Zimmerman, Nyjer Morgan, John Lannan and Drew Storen) were gracious enough to participate. Readers were randomly paired up with one of those five gentlemen, and I conducted the interviews over the last week.
Here is the third installment of the Reader Q&A, featuring center fielder Nyjer Morgan…
Ed Dervan (Arlington, Va.): Who do you think is the best basestealer of all-time, not including yourself, of course?
Nyjer Morgan: In my eyes, the best basestealer … I'm going to probably have to say … it's got to be between Lou Brock and Rickey Henderson. Even though Rickey got caught a lot, he was a heck of a basestealer.
Carl Herrin (Silver Spring, Md.): When you arrived last year, you were immediately recognized by fans as an impact player. Now that you're here from the beginning of the season, what challenge will there be to continue being that impact player fans have come to expect you to be?
Nyjer Morgan: Basically, I've got to just keep with my same game, don't try to get over myself. Try to stay even-keeled and basically just stay consistent on what I do.
Jonathan Slade (Potomac, Md.): Have you decided to avoid headfirst slides this year in order to avoid injuries?Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals