Apr 2, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Cristian Guzman could get playing time at any of perhaps five positions.
At some point on my trek up I-95 yesterday — I was probably in South Carolina at the time — I got word Cristian Guzman had played one inning in right field for the Nationals.
Good thing I was stuck in traffic at that moment or else I might have driven my car straight into a Jersey wall.
Shocking as it sounded at the time, it really isn't all that surprising when you think about it. If we've learned anything about Jim Riggleman during his eight months as interim/permanent manager, it's that the guy values versatility. There's hardly a player on the Nationals' roster that Riggleman hasn't mentioned moving around to multiple positions this spring, aside from perhaps Ryan Zimmerman and Ivan Rodriguez.
Let's see …
— Willie Harris will be the starting right fielder. Unless he plays center field or left field on a given day. Or second base. Or third base.
— Mike Morse will get time in right field. And first base. And third base.
— Eric Bruntlett, if he makes the club, will playRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs