Apr 4, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
We're about 24 hours from President Obama strolling to the mound at Nationals Park (hopefully not in a White Sox jacket) and ceremoniously declaring the 2010 baseball season open, so this seems like a good time for some predictions.
We'll get to some Nationals season predictions later, either this evening or first thing tomorrow. Right now, let's talk about the 29 other clubs.
My track record on these things isn't the greatest. Last year, I had the Diamondbacks winning the NL wild card, the Dodgers winning the World Series, the Cardinals and Rockies each finishing in fourth place in their respective divisions and Cameron Maybin and David Price winning their respective Rookie of the Year awards.
Then again, I did correctly predict four of six division winners (Phillies, Dodgers, Twins, Angels) and Joe Mauer as AL MVP. So I'm not completely ignorant (despite what many think).
So here we go: My predictions for the 2010 season…Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig