Apr 4, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
We're about 24 hours from President Obama strolling to the mound at Nationals Park (hopefully not in a White Sox jacket) and ceremoniously declaring the 2010 baseball season open, so this seems like a good time for some predictions.
We'll get to some Nationals season predictions later, either this evening or first thing tomorrow. Right now, let's talk about the 29 other clubs.
My track record on these things isn't the greatest. Last year, I had the Diamondbacks winning the NL wild card, the Dodgers winning the World Series, the Cardinals and Rockies each finishing in fourth place in their respective divisions and Cameron Maybin and David Price winning their respective Rookie of the Year awards.
Then again, I did correctly predict four of six division winners (Phillies, Dodgers, Twins, Angels) and Joe Mauer as AL MVP. So I'm not completely ignorant (despite what many think).
So here we go: My predictions for the 2010 season…Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)