Apr 4, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
I mentioned the other day that I've been given the opportunity to cover the Nationals on a freelance basis this season for an established media outlet here in town. Well, I can now reveal details.
The media outlet is CSNWashington.com, the online home for Comcast SportsNet. I'm excited to be able to join the talented team they've assembled there, including three former colleagues of mine from The Washington Times: Ryan O'Halloran (who has been hired full-time to cover the Redskins and other sporting events around town) and Corey Masisak and Mike Jones (who have been covering the Capitals and Wizards, respectively, on a freelance basis).
The folks at CSN have been very gracious in working out a system that allows me to continue covering the Nats for this site. And my plan, as I outlined on Thursday, is to keep this site running all season, using funds from reader subscriptions to make as many road trips as possible.
It's going to be a bit of a trial-and-error process figuring out what articles to write for CSN and what articles to write for this site. But no matter where the information is posted, I'll be providing links back and forth between the two so readers don't miss anything.
In fact, here's a link to my first piece for CSN: A preview of the 2010 season, centered on the idea that the Nats' roster will evolve over the course of the year, with reinforcements like Stephen Strasburg,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September