Apr 4, 2010, 6:37 PM EST
I mentioned the other day that I've been given the opportunity to cover the Nationals on a freelance basis this season for an established media outlet here in town. Well, I can now reveal details.
The media outlet is CSNWashington.com, the online home for Comcast SportsNet. I'm excited to be able to join the talented team they've assembled there, including three former colleagues of mine from The Washington Times: Ryan O'Halloran (who has been hired full-time to cover the Redskins and other sporting events around town) and Corey Masisak and Mike Jones (who have been covering the Capitals and Wizards, respectively, on a freelance basis).
The folks at CSN have been very gracious in working out a system that allows me to continue covering the Nats for this site. And my plan, as I outlined on Thursday, is to keep this site running all season, using funds from reader subscriptions to make as many road trips as possible.
It's going to be a bit of a trial-and-error process figuring out what articles to write for CSN and what articles to write for this site. But no matter where the information is posted, I'll be providing links back and forth between the two so readers don't miss anything.
In fact, here's a link to my first piece for CSN: A preview of the 2010 season, centered on the idea that the Nats' roster will evolve over the course of the year, with reinforcements like Stephen Strasburg,Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?