Apr 4, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
The Nationals have placed Chien-Ming Wang, Ross Detwiler and Jesus Flores on the 60-day disabled list and Chris Coste on the 15-day DL, some of the final moves necessary before their 25-man Opening Day roster must be submitted to Major League Baseball by 3 p.m.
In placing Wang (shoulder), Detwiler (hip) and Flores (shoulder) on the 60-day DL, the Nationals clear three spots on their 40-man roster, which can be used to add three non-roster spring invitees to the Opening Day roster. Two of those spots will go to Miguel Batista and Willy Taveras. The other will go to Livan Hernandez, but he won’t be added until his first scheduled start next Sunday against the Mets.
Coste, who was claimed off waivers from the Mets only last week, ends up on the 15-day DL with a right elbow strain.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale