Apr 4, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
The Nationals have placed Chien-Ming Wang, Ross Detwiler and Jesus Flores on the 60-day disabled list and Chris Coste on the 15-day DL, some of the final moves necessary before their 25-man Opening Day roster must be submitted to Major League Baseball by 3 p.m.
In placing Wang (shoulder), Detwiler (hip) and Flores (shoulder) on the 60-day DL, the Nationals clear three spots on their 40-man roster, which can be used to add three non-roster spring invitees to the Opening Day roster. Two of those spots will go to Miguel Batista and Willy Taveras. The other will go to Livan Hernandez, but he won’t be added until his first scheduled start next Sunday against the Mets.
Coste, who was claimed off waivers from the Mets only last week, ends up on the 15-day DL with a right elbow strain.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base