Apr 5, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
OK, the clock is ticking and we're in the final countdown toward the first pitch of the 2010 Washington Nationals season. So it's time to make some bold predictions on your hometown team.
My beat writer counterparts and I came up with 10 categories that seem appropriate for the Nats, and they were all kind enough to let me publish their predictions here. So, here we go…
Who will represent the team at the All-Star Game?
Mark Zuckerman (Nats Insider/CSNWashington.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Adam Kilgore (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman
Dave Sheinin (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman
Ben Goessling (MASN) — Ryan Zimmerman
Bill Ladson (MLB.com) — Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn and Ian Desmond
Pete Kerzel (Associated Press) — Ryan Zimmerman
Craig Heist (WTOP) — Ryan Zimmerman
What will the total season attendance be?
Mark Zuckerman — 1,652,378
Adam Kilgore — 2,100,000
Dave Sheinin — 1,900,000
Ben Goessling — 1,585,031
Bill Ladson — 2,500,000
Pete Kerzel — 1,819,111
Craig Heist — 2,400,000
When will Stephen Strasburg make his big-league debut?Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury