Apr 5, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park will be sold out for today's opener against the Phillies.
It's a beautiful day for a ballgame. Good thing there's one on tap here at Nationals Park.
Neither Donovan McNabb nor Tiger Woods nor Mike Krzyzewski can spoil this scene: It's Opening Day, the greatest day of the year, and the President will be in attendance when the Nationals and Phillies take the field.
And for those wondering about Barack Obama's choice of outerwear, he'll throw out the ceremonial first pitch wearing a personalized, red Nationals jacket. Just saw it hanging in the clubhouse a few minutes ago.
As for the game itself, the Nats face a stiff challenge in new Phillies ace Roy Halladay, not to mention the two-time defending NL champion's potent lineup. But it's Opening Day. If ever there's a time for optimism, this is it. So enjoy today for everything it represents. I know I will.
Check back for updates and analysis throughout the game, and check the homepage for other news and notes…
PHILLIES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: Ch. 50, MASN
Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 73 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Willie Harris
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts