Apr 7, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis makes his Nationals debut tonight against the Phillies.
After an Opening Day of frustration — and a day off of even more frustration — it's time to get back to baseball. The Nationals return to the field tonight for Game 2 of 162, again hosting the Phillies (and undoubtedly many of their fans).
Jason Marquis takes the mound for his Nats debut, hoping to put together a better performance than John Lannan did on Monday, not to mention a better performance than he put together himself most of the spring.
Marquis struggled through most of the Grapefruit League season — his final spring numbers included a 9.15 ERA and an astounding 42 baserunners allowed in 20 2/3 innings — but he did make some strides as March came to a close. Following his second-to-last outing of the spring, he said he was starting to "feel more like Jason Marquis." (You can decide whether that's a good thing or not.)
Marquis has been a pretty consistent performer over his career. As you know, he's won at least 11 games each of the last six years, though that stat has a lot to do with the fact he played for six playoff teams. But even his peripheral numbers have been pretty consistentRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg gives Nats 'what the doctor ordered'
- Strasburg tames Diamondbacks in 8-1 victory
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season
- LaRoche, Desmond and Fister take on the ice bucket (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Nationals go for eighth straight win against Arizona
- State of the Nationals' bullpen: Exhausted
- Around the NL East: Are the Marlins legit contenders?
- LaRoche finally gets to savor first walk-off homer
- Nats beat Diamondbacks in third straight walk-off win