Apr 7, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
What will the split between Nats and Phillies fan be tonight?
And we're back.
Hopefully everyone has had ample opportunity to vent, complain, seeth, vilify and pontificate about Monday's events. If you'd still like to continue discussing that subject, my posting from yesterday about the invasion of Philadelphia fans on Opening Day remains up and running, so feel free to head back there.
Over here, we'll turn our focus to tonight's game between the Nationals and Phillies. It's Jason Marquis vs. Cole Hamels, and already the Nats are fielding a new-look lineup.
Mike Morse gets the start in right field and will bat seventh. Ian Desmond gets bumped up to the No. 2 hole. No real shocker here. Jim Riggleman said all along right field will be a revolving door between Willie Harris, Willy Taveras and Morse, based primarily on favorable matchups. It's a small sample size, but Morse is 1-for-3 in his career against Hamels. More importantly, Morse owns a career .324 average and .824 OPS against left-handed pitchers.
Check back for updates and analysis throughout the game, and check the homepage for other news and notes…
PHILLIES AT NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
TV: MASN HD
Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Partly cloudy, 83 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to CF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera