Apr 8, 2010, 3:21 AM EDT
Mike Morse's season debut in right field proved a disappointment on several levels.
Morse said he hurt himself while tracking down Raul Ibanez's seventh-inning sacrifice fly. He stayed in the game and attempted to retake the field in the eighth but quickly realized he couldn't do it.
"It was actually when I broke to catch the ball," he said. "It just cramped up on me real bad. But I mean, it's feeling a lot better now."
Manager Jim Riggleman said Morse will likely miss a day or two. He probably wouldn't have started tomorrow's game anyway, with right-hander Kyle Kendrick on the mound for the Phillies.
Cristian Guzman replaced Morse in right field tonight and looked comfortable catching the first fly ball hit his way. Guzman, who hadRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals