Apr 8, 2010, 3:21 AM EST
Mike Morse's season debut in right field proved a disappointment on several levels.
Morse said he hurt himself while tracking down Raul Ibanez's seventh-inning sacrifice fly. He stayed in the game and attempted to retake the field in the eighth but quickly realized he couldn't do it.
"It was actually when I broke to catch the ball," he said. "It just cramped up on me real bad. But I mean, it's feeling a lot better now."
Manager Jim Riggleman said Morse will likely miss a day or two. He probably wouldn't have started tomorrow's game anyway, with right-hander Kyle Kendrick on the mound for the Phillies.
Cristian Guzman replaced Morse in right field tonight and looked comfortable catching the first fly ball hit his way. Guzman, who hadRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres