Apr 8, 2010, 3:21 AM EDT
Mike Morse's season debut in right field proved a disappointment on several levels.
Morse said he hurt himself while tracking down Raul Ibanez's seventh-inning sacrifice fly. He stayed in the game and attempted to retake the field in the eighth but quickly realized he couldn't do it.
"It was actually when I broke to catch the ball," he said. "It just cramped up on me real bad. But I mean, it's feeling a lot better now."
Manager Jim Riggleman said Morse will likely miss a day or two. He probably wouldn't have started tomorrow's game anyway, with right-hander Kyle Kendrick on the mound for the Phillies.
Cristian Guzman replaced Morse in right field tonight and looked comfortable catching the first fly ball hit his way. Guzman, who hadRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC
- Could Nats hire Francona or Scioscia as manager?
- Denard Span supports fired Nationals coach on Twitter