Apr 8, 2010, 3:21 AM EST
Mike Morse's season debut in right field proved a disappointment on several levels.
Morse said he hurt himself while tracking down Raul Ibanez's seventh-inning sacrifice fly. He stayed in the game and attempted to retake the field in the eighth but quickly realized he couldn't do it.
"It was actually when I broke to catch the ball," he said. "It just cramped up on me real bad. But I mean, it's feeling a lot better now."
Manager Jim Riggleman said Morse will likely miss a day or two. He probably wouldn't have started tomorrow's game anyway, with right-hander Kyle Kendrick on the mound for the Phillies.
Cristian Guzman replaced Morse in right field tonight and looked comfortable catching the first fly ball hit his way. Guzman, who hadRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Escobar having stiff back examined by doctor
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play