Apr 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The Nationals placed Mike Morse on the 15-day disabled list this morning and recalled Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse to take his roster spot.
Morse has been hampered by a strained calf muscle for several days, and though he said he’s feeling better, the club needed to add another healthy body to its bench with third baseman Ryan Zimmerman hampered by a tight hamstring.
Zimmerman is not in today’s lineup. Adam Kennedy is starting third base, with Cristian Guzman at second base.
More to come…
Here’s a full recap of all today’s roster moves on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss