Apr 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The Nationals placed Mike Morse on the 15-day disabled list this morning and recalled Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse to take his roster spot.
Morse has been hampered by a strained calf muscle for several days, and though he said he’s feeling better, the club needed to add another healthy body to its bench with third baseman Ryan Zimmerman hampered by a tight hamstring.
Zimmerman is not in today’s lineup. Adam Kennedy is starting third base, with Cristian Guzman at second base.
More to come…
Here’s a full recap of all today’s roster moves on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta