Apr 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The Nationals placed Mike Morse on the 15-day disabled list this morning and recalled Roger Bernadina from Class AAA Syracuse to take his roster spot.
Morse has been hampered by a strained calf muscle for several days, and though he said he’s feeling better, the club needed to add another healthy body to its bench with third baseman Ryan Zimmerman hampered by a tight hamstring.
Zimmerman is not in today’s lineup. Adam Kennedy is starting third base, with Cristian Guzman at second base.
More to come…
Here’s a full recap of all today’s roster moves on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats set franchise record for futility with RISP
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston