Apr 12, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Phillies host the Nats this afternoon in the home opener at Citizens Bank Park.
PHILADELPHIA — So, how many Nationals fans do you think will be at Citizens Bank Park today for the Phillies' home opener? Something tells me it won't quite compare to last Monday's invasion on South Capitol Street.
No matter how many visiting fans are in attendance, perhaps the Nats will return the favor and spoil Philadelphia's opener. They certainly arrived here in town feeling good about themselves after taking two of three from the Mets over the weekend.
Obviously, the Phillies are a very different team than the Mets. But the Nats will miss Roy Halladay during this series. They get Cole Hamels today, Kyle Kendrick (who they hit around a little last week) Wednesday and J.A. Happ in Thursday's finale.
Washington will, however, be without Ryan Zimmerman again today. The All-Star third baseman is still battling a tight hamstring and hopes to return Wednesday.
Check back throughout the game for updates, and check the homepage for other news…
NATIONALS AT PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 3:05 p.m.
TV: MASN HD
Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Willy Taveras
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale