Apr 12, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Phillies host the Nats this afternoon in the home opener at Citizens Bank Park.
PHILADELPHIA — So, how many Nationals fans do you think will be at Citizens Bank Park today for the Phillies' home opener? Something tells me it won't quite compare to last Monday's invasion on South Capitol Street.
No matter how many visiting fans are in attendance, perhaps the Nats will return the favor and spoil Philadelphia's opener. They certainly arrived here in town feeling good about themselves after taking two of three from the Mets over the weekend.
Obviously, the Phillies are a very different team than the Mets. But the Nats will miss Roy Halladay during this series. They get Cole Hamels today, Kyle Kendrick (who they hit around a little last week) Wednesday and J.A. Happ in Thursday's finale.
Washington will, however, be without Ryan Zimmerman again today. The All-Star third baseman is still battling a tight hamstring and hopes to return Wednesday.
Check back throughout the game for updates, and check the homepage for other news…
NATIONALS AT PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 3:05 p.m.
TV: MASN HD
Radio: WFED-1500 AM
Weather: Mostly sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Willy Taveras
2B Cristian Guzman
1B Adam Dunn
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats